Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Avoid Evans Halshaw Garages
25-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Avoid Evans Halshaw Garages
(ok this topic was orignally created by Neko but I deleted it by accident in my half asleep state. Hooray for the back button and caching I guess)

Just a note to any monkeys might use an Evans Halshaw garage - they're a fekkin' rip off!

My car needs a pipe from radiator to heater, and new rear brakes. EH wanted to charge me £300!! Rather a lot for 2 brake pads an a length of hosepipe I felt.

Rang up the Simon Greene garage just down the road. Work above, plus fix petrol cap (doesn't open every time), sand off and seal all 4 wheel rims, and replacement central locking key. £330.

Twice the work (maybe more) for same price range, and the casual comment that if it takes less than an hour per item, it'll cost me less. I imagine it doesn't take an hour to fit a radiator pipe Smile

Probably could find cheaper I know, but I like to find certified and chain-backed garages where I can. Last couple of times I tried a super-cheap indy, I got ripped with shoddy work that had to be done again later, and had one guy reeling off the list of things he'd find wrong before he looked under the car Sad

Just gutted I had my MOT done at Evans H... no wonder it cost me £700 to get it passed, fekkin money grabbin'... I'd expected better from a national chain, tbh.
Send this user an email Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Re: Avoid Evans Halshaw Garages
iamwithstupid Wrote:(ok this topic was orignally created by Neko but I deleted it by accident in my half asleep state. Hooray for the back button and caching I guess)

lol - ****INSERT MORE COFFEE****

- Techmonkey
================
Enterprise Business IT Support | SME IT Support | Home Support Available
Send this user an email Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-05-2007, 12:06 PM

Lol, gg IAWS Wink

Give me liberty, or give me death - Patrick Henry 1775.
Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too - Evelyn Beatrice Hall 1906
I spread my wings, only to find that they are paper in the rain - Neko 2006
Send this user an email Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user